Title: Postdoc fellow
Department: RNA Center
Location: Wood Research Building
Supervisor Name and Title: Xiao Li, Assistant Professor
An ideal candidate should have a strong background in one or a combination of the following areas: Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Statistics, Molecular Genetics and Biomedical Science. Preference will be given to candidates who have a solid understanding of biology and have prior experience in omics data analysis. Experience in statistical modeling and machine learning is highly desirable.
- Design and carry out research projects independently to achieve research goals
- Develop new protocols, test and evaluate a variety of approaches
- Write manuscript for publications in scientific journals
- Project management, including oversight other personnel in the laboratory
- Coordinate research efforts for increased efficiency
- Assist with ordering and procurement of supplies and equipment and with general maintenance of laboratory
Department: interdepartmental (daily)
University: collaborators (occasional)
External: collaborators (occasional)
- Supervise laboratory technicians/assistants and student trainees in experimental design and data analysis of a variety of projects.
- Strong background in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Compute Science, Systems Biology, Biomedical Science or related disciplines (PhD degree is strongly preferred)
- Capable of functioning independently, but a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
- Be passionate about using interdisciplinary approach to solve biological problems.
- Preference will be given to candidates with prior experience in analyses of RNA-seq data, other omics data, co-expression analyses, and with a thorough understanding of biological systems
- Proficient in statistical and programming languages such as R and Python, and familiar with Linux and high-performance computing.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
Mainly for computational work.