Postdoctoral Scholar, Cardiovascular Medicine
Title: Postdoctoral Scholar
Department: Medicine/Cardiovascular Medicine
Supervisor Name and Title: Mukesh K. Jain, Vice Dean for University Hospitals Affairs, Professor of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University
- STATEMENT OF RESEARCH AND SCIENTIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- A highly motivated and skilled researcher in vascular biology research.
- Projects currently address (1) endothelial control of large and small vessel function and (2) impact of endothelial KLFs on diseases of aging (dementia, heart failure, thrombosis). The lab is well funded through the Allen Frontiers group, LeDucq Foundation, and NIH.
- As a Postdoctoral Scholar, he/she will present data at departmental seminars and scientific meetings, prepare manuscripts, and contribute data for grant proposals.
- The Postdoctoral Scholar will also be encouraged to write independent grants with PI support. The laboratory has a strong track record of developing independent investigators.
- TECHNICAL SKILLS
- The qualified candidate should have experience in mouse gene targeting in gain- and loss-of-function experiments and a wide array of cellular and molecular techniques. Experience with CRISPR approaches would be of particular interest.
- SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise laboratory technicians/assistants and student trainees in experimental design and data analysis of a variety of projects.
- EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum qualifications include a Ph.D. in biochemistry, biology, physiology, or equivalent. - Prior postdoctoral research experience is not required.
- The successful candidate must have strong analytical, oral and written communication skills.
Send inquiries containing a cover letter, CV with list of publications and contact information for three references to email@example.com
In employment, as in education, Case Western Reserve University is committed to Equal Opportunity and Diversity. Women, veterans, members of underrepresented minority groups, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Case Western Reserve University provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the Office of Inclusion, Diversity and Equal Opportunity at 216-368-8877 to request a reasonable accommodation. Determinations as to granting reasonable accommodations for any applicant will be made on a case-by-case basis.