CWRU Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Pre-1800 English Literary Studies
The CWRU Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Pre-1800 English Literary Studies supports research in the stated field by providing scholars in the early stages of their careers with the time and resources necessary to advance their work. During the fellowship period, the Fellow will pursue individual or collaborative research and writing for the full academic year. The Fellow will be expected to teach one course each semester (Fall and Spring) and make a colloquium presentation in a specialized area of interest to the Fellow, CWRU faculty, and students. Applicants with an interest in gender and sexuality and/or underrepresented groups will be given priority consideration.
This is a one-year Fellowship which may be renewed for an additional one-year period. The Fellowship includes a competitive stipend plus medical benefits and a generous annual research expense fund.
In order to be considered for the program, applicants must submit:
- A cover sheet with contact and biographical information.
- An academic c.v. of no more than 10 pages including detailed information on your projects and publications, degrees and awards, teaching experience, expert skills, etc.
- A project title and an abstract that explains the project’s scholarly significance (250 word maximum).
- A project description (1,000 word maximum), stating clearly the objectives, methodology, contribution and originality of the project.
- Three letters of reference (submitted separately via Interfolio (see link below)
- Candidates must have the Ph.D. in hand from an institution other than Case Western Reserve University before the start date of the fellowship.
- Candidates must have a demonstrable potential to contribute to the department.
The term of the fellowship will commence on or about August 15, 2020. Candidates should submit their applications by March 31, 2020 through CWRU’s Interfolio portal at: http://apply.interfolio.com/70199.
In employment, as in education, Case Western Reserve University is committed to Equal Opportunity and Diversity. Women, veterans, members of underrepresented minority groups, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.