Title: Postdoctoral Scholar
Department: Genetics and Genome Sciences
Location: BRB7th floor
Supervisor Name and Title: Berkley Gryder, Assistant Professor
Please email your CV/Resume, a cover letter, and 3 references to email@example.com
I. STATEMENT OF RESEARCH AND SCIENTIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- A highly motivated and skilled researcher to work on drugging transcription through the lens of biomolecular condensates, using a combination of imaging, biochemical, cell biology, and bioinformatics approaches. These approaches will be applied largely in the context of cancer.
- As a Postdoctoral Scholar, he/she will present data at departmental seminars and national/international scientific meetings, prepare manuscripts and contribute preliminary data for grant proposals.
- The Postdoctoral Scholar must be an avid reader of the emerging scientific literature surrounding epigenetics, chromatin regulation, chemical biology, 3D genomics and nuclear condensate dynamics.
II. TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Experience with cell culture, molecular cloning, microscopy
- Experience with biochemical techniques to interrogate proteins and protein interactions, such as immunoprecipitation coupled with mass spectrometry
- Experience with organic synthesis
- Experience with writing code to analyze biological (especially genome-wide) data
III. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
Supervise laboratory technicians/assistants and graduate student trainees in experimental design and data analysis of a variety of projects.
IV. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum qualifications include an MD or PhD
- The successful candidate must have strong analytical, oral and written communication skills.
In employment, as in education, Case Western Reserve University is committed to Equal Opportunity and Diversity. Women, veterans, members of underrepresented minority groups, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Case Western Reserve University provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the Office of Inclusion, Diversity and Equal Opportunity at 216-368-8877 to request a reasonable accommodation. Determinations as to granting reasonable accommodations for any applicant will be made on a case-by-case basis