Date: May 1, 2019
Title: Postdoctoral Scholar
Department: Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
Location: Wolstein Research Building
Supervisor Name and Title: Quintin Pan and Professor
I. Statement of Research and Scientific Responsibilities
This is a key position within the laboratory and will be responsible for planning and executing projects on novel target identification and drug development and single cell genotype/phenotype analyses in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. A diverse set of experimental procedures from in vitro cell culture to in vivo animal models will be used. The candidate is expected to work independently and have an excellent knowledge base in cancer biology and genomics.
II. Technical Skills
1. Design, plan, and execute in vitro and in vivo experiments in collaboration with PI and PI’s research team. Provide assistance and work closely with research team as needed for completion of research projects.
2. Record, analyze, and interpret experimental data. Assist in preparation of manuscripts and grants.
3. Present results in laboratory meetings and other scientific meetings.
4. Develop new experimental protocols and techniques.
5. Perform other duties as needed.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
May train students and other research staff.
IV. Education Requirements
PhD in any biomedical discipline.
V. Years of Relevant Experience Required
PhD in any biomedical discipline with 0-2 years of postdoctoral experience in a cancer research laboratory setting. Experience working with animals will be an asset.
VI. Proposed Salary Range
NIH salary scale
- Experience in cell culture of established and primary cell lines.
- Experience in a cadre of tumor biology protocols.
- Experience in animal tumor models.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Work effectively independently and contribute to a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and interact well with other research team members.
- Excellent organizational skills to effectively manage time and priorities.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Flexibility in work schedule depending on the needs on ongoing experiments and projects.
Qualified candidates should send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org