The Department of Pathology at Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine seeks two motivated postdoctoral scholars to conduct research in the laboratory of Dr. Xingjun Fan. The lab focuses on age-related cataractogenesis, post-cataract surgery complications, in particular posterior capsule opacification (PCO), ascorbic acid oxidation and protein posttranslational modifications, reactive oxygen species (ROS) and aging diseases. We are using cutting-edge technologies, such as CRISPR/Cas9 gene engineering, knockout/knockin mouse models, in vivosurgical approach, GFP reporter mouse, high-resolution imaging, lenti/retro-viral expression, lenti-viral shRNA, and high throughput screen (HTS) to tackle scientific questions. We have published our studies in high impact journals, such as PNAS, Aging Cell, JBC, IOVS etc. This is a key position within the lab and will be responsible for planning and execution of experiments in close collaboration with the Principal Investigator
The applicant must have a PhD degree in cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology, or related field. Interested individuals should send a cover letter, CV, and the names/phone numbers of three people who could provide letters of reference by email to email@example.com.
1. Design, plan, and carry out experiments in collaboration with PI. To work closely with other lab members ensuring projects are being completed according to the research plan. To assist in developing improved techniques, project methods, or procedures. 50%
2. Work with PI to submit and manage compliance with policies, procedures and regulations of the Animal Resource Center, IACUC, lab safety policy, and other applicable regulatory guidelines for which essential training will be provided. 10-15%
3. Analyze and record results. Assist in manuscript preparation. 15-20%
4. Perform/supervise rodent husbandry including breeding, genotyping and maintain an accurate animal database. 10%
5. Present results in laboratory meetings and other scientific meetings. 2.5%
6. Perform other duties as assigned. 2.5%
Train and oversee rotation students and other research staff
Ph.D in any biological sciences with hands-on experience in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology, and animal work.
YEARS OF RELEVANT EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Ph.D with 0-2 years of postdoctoral experience.
PROPOSED SALARY RANGE
NIH salary scale
Experience in cell culture of established and primary cell lines.
Experience in gene cloning and molecular biology.
Experience in animal model related work.
Ability to work independently.
Effective oral and written communication skills.
Flexibility in work schedule to complete necessary study.
To commitment on certain deadline requirement.
Qualified candidates should send their CV, cover letter, and three pofessional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In employment, as in education, Case Western Reserve University is committed to Equal Opportunity and Diversity. Women, veterans, members of underrepresented minority groups, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Case Western Reserve University provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the Office of Inclusion, Diversity and Equal Opportunity at 216-368-8877 to request a reasonable accommodation. Determinations as to granting reasonable accommodations for any applicant will be made on a case-by-case basis.