Date: January 2023
Title: Postdoctoral Scholar
Department: Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Biomedical Engineering
Location: Old Brooklyn Health Center
Supervisor Name and Title: David Cunningham, Staff Scientist, Assistant Professor
STATEMENT OF RESEARCH
Postdoctoral scholar position available at the MetroHealth Center for Rehabilitation Research and Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio. The lab focuses on improving rehabilitative outcomes for patients with neurological impairments by employing methods of non-invasive brain stimulation. These methods, in conjunction with neuroimaging techniques, allows us to study neurophysiologic adaptations as a result of injury as well as recovery. For all current lab related activities please refer to: CunninghamLab.com
- Lead assigned project(s)
- Design and conduct clinical trials with patients and analyze data
- Create new rehabilitation technology
- Publish peer-reviewed journal papers and present data at national and international conferences
- May supervise laboratory staff, scholars, and students
- Experience conducting human subjects research
- Ability to independently manage a project
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Strong organization skills; ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Effective problem-solving skills; must demonstrate innovation and creativity, excellent analytical skills, sound judgment and good decision-making.
- Preferred Matlab and/or Python proficiency
- Preferred background with Neuroimaging (fMRI, DTI, rs-fMRI), EMG and/or EEG analysis
Minimum qualifications include a Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering, Neuroscience, Kinesiology or related field
No special working conditions, but will be spending majority of time in hospital environment.
In employment, as in education, Case Western Reserve University is committed to Equal Opportunity and Diversity. Women, veterans, members of underrepresented minority groups, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
To apply please send inquiries containing a cover letter and CV to Dr. David Cunningham at Dxc536@case.edu.