Working with a high degree of independence carrying out, managing or leading research in social behavioral sciences on various funded projects at the Begun Center for Violence Prevention Research & Education. Initially, the person who fills this position will split their time between multiple evaluations for the Cuyahoga County Family and Children First Council (FCFC) and our new Healthy Transitions project with the State of Ohio. These evaluations involve compiling and analyzing large databases of secondary data supplied by provider agencies and schools in addition to conducting surveys and focused interviews. A second core area of the work will be meeting with local government and non-profit agencies as part of the required evaluation. The ideal candidate will possess experience supporting all phases of research with an emphasis on data operations and analysis.
- Manage the day-to-day evaluation of various research projects and assist with comprehensive program evaluation, conduct analyses, engage in report preparation and writing. Track and follow up on daily project operations. (30%)
- Build and maintain basic relational databases, compile data, monitor data for completeness/quality, run queries and create tables, and populate existing tables with new data. (20%)
- Meet with and provide technical assistance to nonprofit and county agencies. (15%)
- Research and develop evaluation instruments and develop databases/spreadsheets and carry out complex on-going and new data analyses within the research projects using SPSS statistical analysis software. (20%)
- Collect and enter data from agencies, surveys/assessments, focus groups and observations. (15%)
Perform other duties as assigned.
Department: Daily contact with supervisor and research staff in the center.
University: Occasional contact with other departments.
External: Regular contact with community partners.
Students: Contact with student employees.
No direct supervisory responsibility; may direct the work of students and research assistants.
Education/Experience: Master’s Degree or higher in social service or relevant field is required. Three years of experience working with non-profit agencies and conducting or participating in program evaluations.
- Highly organized with strong quantitative skills.
- Proficient with statistical packages such as SPSS.
- Ability to assist with the development and execution of non-profit program evaluations.
- Experience in Microsoft Suite (Word, Access, Excel), email and internet applications. Familiarity with applications or analytic supports such as REDCap, Teleform, Qualtrics, NVivo, GIS/Mapping, Data Query Language and SPSS Syntax a definite plus.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a small team environment.
- Ability to work with limited supervision while being highly self-motivated and self-directed.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills. Experience responding to RFPs and obtaining external grant funding a definite plus.
General working conditions. May be required to occasionally attend an evening or weekend meeting.
In employment, as in education, Case Western Reserve University is committed to Equal Opportunity and Diversity. Women, veterans, members of underrepresented minority groups, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
TO APPLY: Submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org