Title: Research Associate
Department: Medicine/Cardiovascular Medicine
Supervisor Name and Title: Jixin Zhong, Assistant Professor
I. STATEMENT OF RESEARCH AND SCIENTIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
● A highly motivated and skilled researcher in immune regulation of metabolism/inflammation and/or diabetes with experience in immunology.
● Projects currently address the role of systemic inflammatory stimuli in regulation of metabolism and atherosclerosis. Inflammatory regulators of metabolism and vascular function.
● The qualified candidate will utilize a wide array of cellular, molecular, and vascular techniques.
● As a research associate, he/she will present data at departmental seminars and scientific meetings, prepare manuscripts, and contribute preliminary data for grant proposals.
● Additional managerial experience will be an asset and looked upon favorably
II. TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Experience in animal disease models is highly desirable - Experience with immunization and colitis model is strongly preferred - Proficiency in flow cytometry preferable - Experience in mouse surgery preferred but not required.
III. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise laboratory technicians, visiting scholars and student trainees in experimental design and data analysis of a variety of projects.
IV. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum qualifications include a Ph.D. in immunology, biology, physiology, or equivalent. - Prior post-doctoral research experience is preferred and experience in modern techniques of molecular biology and mouse handling/experimentation is essential.
- A background in immunology and/or vascular physiology is highly preferred. - The successful candidate must have strong analytical, oral and written communication skills.
Send inquiries containing a cover letter, CV with list of publications and contact information for three references to CVRI@case.edu AND Jixin.Zhong@case.edu. All applications should be submitted to both email addresses.
In employment, as in education, Case Western Reserve University is committed to Equal Opportunity and Diversity. Women, veterans, members of underrepresented minority groups, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Case Western Reserve University provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the Office of Inclusion, Diversity and Equal Opportunity at 216-368-8877 to request a reasonable accommodation. Determinations as to granting reasonable accommodations for any applicant will be made on a case-by-case basis.