Date: September 11, 2019
Title: Research Associate
Department: Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
School: Case School of Engineering
Location: Glennan Building, Rooms 120 and 608
Supervisor Name and Title: Ya-Ting Liao, Assistant Professor and Jaems T’ien, Professor Emeritus
Support the Growth and Extinction Limits experiment to be conducted in the International Space Station.
ESSENTIAL RESEARCH AND SCIENTIFIC FUNCTIONS
- Perform necessary ground-based tests to maximize the success of the flight experiments. This includes the fabrication and testing of the samples, the determination of the most suitable test range and conditions, and performing the corresponding tests in normal gravity for comparison.
- Perform detailed numerical modeling of the tests.
- Prepare research results for publication.
- Present data at seminars and scientific meetings.
- Prepare manuscripts.
- Contribute to proposal preparation.
0-3 years post-PhD/terminal degree
Education/Licensing: PhD in mechanical and aerospace engineering
- Extensive work on flame spread over solids with and without gravity is required.
- Research experience in microgravity combustion and familiarity with current space experiment is also essential.
Applicants should submit a curriculum vitae to: email@example.com
Case Western Reserve University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply.