Research Associate/Postdoctoral Fellow
Supervisor Name and Title:
Sanjay Rajagopalan, M.D.; Director of Case Cardiovascular Research Institute and Division Chief of Cardiology for University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center
I. STATEMENT OF RESEARCH AND SCIENTIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- A highly motivated and skilled researcher to work on developing and validating advanced MRI techniques for cardiovascular applications including, but not limited to, non-contrast-enhanced angiography & venography, free-breathing cardiac imaging with respiratory motion correction, and scan acceleration using the state-of-the-art image reconstruction
- Provide assistance with MR fingerprinting, real-time cardiac MRI performed in biomedical engineering at CWRU
- As a Research associate/Scientist, he/she will present data at departmental seminars and scientific meetings, prepare manuscripts, and contribute preliminary data for grant proposals.
- Additional managerial experience will be an asset and looked upon favorably
II. TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Strong experience with MR Physics
- Experience with Siemens IDEA program
III. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
Supervise laboratory technicians/assistants and student trainees in experimental design and data analysis of a variety of projects.
IV. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum qualifications include a Ph.D. in electrical engineering, biomedical engineering, medical physics or related field
- The successful candidate must have strong analytical, oral and written communication skills.
Send inquiries containing a cover letter, CV with list of publications and contact information for three references to CVRI@case.edu.
In employment, as in education, Case Western Reserve University is committed to Equal Opportunity and Diversity. Women, veterans, members of underrepresented minority groups, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Case Western Reserve University provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the Office of Inclusion, Diversity and Equal Opportunity at 216-368-8877 to request a reasonable accommodation. Determinations as to granting reasonable accommodations for any applicant will be made on a case-by-case basis.