Date Released: 18 February 2014
Submissions due Monday, March 10, 2014
Can you design a better Campus Card?
The Access Services is looking forward to redesigning the Campus Card, and we want your help!
The current Campus Card design has been in place with no major changes since 2002, and we think it’s about time we updated our look.
At present, the background is images of one of the following: Adelbert Hall, KSL, or one of the professional schools but that doesn’t have to stay – we could use a different image, move to colored blocks, or have no background at all – it’s up to you! The information for the card can also be moved around. You could always look at designs being used by other colleges or universities to get ideas.
What has to stay on the card
- Patron’s Full Name
- Current Status (e.g. Student, Staff, Faculty)
- Patron’s photo (large enough to be easily visible to several feet away – current size or preferably larger, 5×4 aspect ratio suggested)
- Everything on the back side of card
- Card Width: 3 3/8″ or 8.5 cm
- Card Height: 2 1/8″ or 5.4 cm
- Full color (YMCK) front, B&W (no gradients) only on back. Images on the back of the card are not recommended.
- Though not required, it’s recommended that you employ CWRU official colors in your design.
- Note that either portrait or landscape orientation could be used.
- Design must be in good taste (no inappropriate or offensive content).
- Design must be of high enough resolution for us to print out at 5x actual card size (so 16 7/8″ x 10 5/8″, or 42.5cm by 27cm) at 300dpi for evaluation.
- Design must be reproducible in our card design software, meaning we’ll require the individual components (font, graphics, etc) needed to rebuild it.
- Creator must own the rights or have permission to use all the individual components of the design, and agree to transfer these rights to CWRU should they win.
- This contest is only open to current CWRU Students.
- The Access Services Office reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to choose or reject any design submitted for this contest.
- Send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All entries must come from a cwru email address
- Only two entries per student will be accepted
What's in it for you?
You mean the intrinsic reward of a job well done isn’t enough? Well, how about some money? We’ll be giving away $250 in CaseCash deposits to the winner(s). Plus, of course, you get honor of having your design used for years to come. Please note that we may choose to combine certain elements from multiple designs, in which case the funds will be evenly split between the entries.