All applicants must log in using CWRU ID.
Need an on-campus job? Consider the CWRU Student Philanthropy Center!
Student Philanthropy Ambassadors are essential to the success of Case Western Reserve University and to maintaining strong relationships with alumni and parents. Ambassadors contact thousands of alumni and parents each year to ask for their support to CWRU and to update them with campus news. Students are the best ambassadors to talk about the CWRU experience - because they're living it.
This position requires excellent communications skills, a problem-solving mentality, the ability to think on your feet in a fast-paced environment, and a genuine affinity for Case Western Reserve University. Working on the Philanthropy Center team is a great opportunity to improve your communication, fundraising, networking, and public relations skills for life after CWRU.
Shift Hours - Callers make their own schedules!
- Night shifts Monday through Thursday, 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Day shifts Tuesday through Thursday, 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Friday shifts 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Sundays 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
The Student Philanthropy Center operates during the academic calendar year.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Serve as an ambassador by establishing an open and engaging line of communication between the university and its supporters.
- Gain an understanding of the university, its organizational structure, and its annual needs for financial support.
- Call and text constituents (alumni, parents and friends of CWRU) to build rapport, update demographic information and acquire gifts to the Annual Fund.
- Work with other callers in a team-oriented environment to further the development of the student calling program and reach goals.
- Arrive on time and with a positive attitude to scheduled calling sessions.
- Handle personal information with extreme confidentiality.
- Have a good time and make new friends!
- Accepting work study & non-work study students.
- Competitive wages. Philanthropy Ambassadors begin at $10.50/hour, with opportunities for bonuses and annual pay increases.
- Opportunities for advancement.
- Build your resume. Develop strong public relations, fundraising, communication, and marketing skills.
- Network. Converse with alumni in various professions all across the United States.
- Ideal work hours. With day, evening and week options
- Flexible Schedule. A minimum of 9 hours per week is required, but students may pick their schedule week to week.
- Located in the Linsalata Alumni Center - directly across from freshman residence halls.
- Incentives. Prizes earned for meeting individual and team goals, snacks and pizza parties.
**must log in using Case ID**
For more information, contact Tori Middlebrooks at email@example.com