Matching gift programs can double or even triple the impact of your donation.
More than 16,000 companies offer matching gift programs as a benefit to their employees by matching their charitable contributions. Policies and eligibility vary by each company. Some options include:
- Matching gifts made by spouses or retirees
- Offering 1:1, 2:1 or even as high as 3:1 match!
If you initiate a matching gift claim, that match will mirror your gift in both amount and fund that you indicate. So, if you make a gift of $100 to your major area of study, a matching gift would also benefit that same program!
Employee matching gift programs are corporate giving programs.
Here's an example. Let's say you work for General Electric and donate $100 to Case Western Reserve University. General Electric's matching gift policy has a minimum gift requirement of $25 and matches at a 1:1 ratio. After you submit your matching gift form, GE will double your donation by also writing a check for $100. Gifts from employees' spouses and retirees may also qualify for a match.
It's a quick and easy way to double your contribution!
Search using the box above to see if your company will match your gift, and find everything you need to apply.
Requesting a matching gift is normally a five minute process which must be initiated by the donor. You can do this by filling out and submitting a paper form provided by your employer or through an electronic submission process.
There are typically 3 steps:
- Make your personal donation and save your tax receipt. Many matching programs will allow for up to one year after you've made your donation to request a corporate match.
- Search using the search bar above and find out if your company offers a matching gift program and review the guidelines. No results? Contact your HR department directly to ask if they offer a matching gift program.
There are two common ways to submit the matching gift request:
- Click on your company's intranet link provided in the search results. Log-in and submit your request electronically.
- Download your company's matching gift verification form using the link provided in the search results. Print it, fill it out and send it to us.
We will take care of the rest!
Yes! It's not too late to apply for a matching gift! Many companies allow employees to submit match requests for one year following the date of the donation.
It's still possible that your employer will match your donation, even if you don't find your company on our list. Check with your company's HR manager and ask if your donation can be matched.
For questions regarding your company's program policies, please contact your employer's HR department. Much of the necessary information is also available on your company intranet.
For questions regarding obtaining a tax receipt, submitting and verifying a matching gift request or a volunteer grant, please contact us at email@example.com or call toll-free 800-304-4483.