How to Give

Case Western Reserve University offers the following methods to make a gift quickly and securely.

Donations by check and accompanied by a note or our contribution form can be mailed to:

Case Western Reserve University
10900 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, Ohio 44106-7035

Or you can make a gift online at

Please read below to learn about additional giving options the university offers. If you have any questions, please contact or call the Office of Development at 216.368.4352.

University Tax ID

Case Western Reserve University's federal tax ID number is 34-1018992.

Cash or Check

One of the easiest ways to make a donation to Case Western Reserve is by check.

Your check should be made payable to Case Western Reserve University. Please include a brief note instructing us how to designate your gift, or print the contribution form and return it to us.

Cash gifts are also gladly accepted, though for security reasons, the university prefers that donations be sent via a check or given online.

E-Z Giving: Electronic Fund Transfers

There are many advantages to electronic bank transfers. They are safe, free and convenient.

You may have any amount (minimum $10) automatically deducted from your checking account or debited from a credit card monthly. Just like electronic banking, your generous contribution is easily and automatically transferred. Simply complete the contribution form and send it along with a first payment check to provide the university with the correct routing information.

Matching Gifts

Many companies sponsor matching gift programs that will match the charitable contributions made by their employees.

Some even match gifts made by retirees and/or spouses. These programs are a great way for you to double or even triple your gift!

See if your company will match your gift


Giving online to Case Western Reserve is fast, secure and easy. Make a gift online

Payroll Deductions

If you are an employee of Case Western Reserve University, payroll deduction allows you to make a gift right from your paycheck.

You may have any amount ($2 minimum) automatically deducted from your paycheck monthly. Just print out and submit the pay deduction form.

Outright Gifts of Stocks or Bonds

The Office of Advancement Services is pleased to assist donors to Case Western Reserve with outright gifts of stocks, bonds or mutual funds.

If you have any questions, or if would like to request transfer instructions, please contact:

Office of Advancement Services

Other Giving Opportunities

Case Western Reserve offers a range of creative giving vehicles designed to help you leave you legacy, supplement your income and lower your taxes. Learn more about creative giving.