The overall goal of the Developmental Therapeutics (DT) Program is to develop and evaluate novel, rational onco-therapeutics, incorporating companion biomarkers and strategies to minimize therapy-resistance. DT Program members translate toward and into the clinic the most promising laboratory-based research from members across the Case Comprehensive Cancer Center (Case CCC), thus bringing forth new therapeutic agents developed in-house or by outside collaborators. As part of this mission, DT Program members dissect mechanisms of disease response or resistance in novel investigator-initiated clinical trials, across all diseases including particular catchment area problems.
- Interrogate cancer pathways to develop new and efficacious therapeutics
- Elucidate mechanisms of therapy-resistance and identify biomarkers predictive of response
- Implement early phase clinical trials around novel targets, new agents and combinatorial approaches
Developmental Therapeutics Journal Club
Thursdays at 9am in the 4th floor conference room of the ORIGINAL Taussig Cancer Institute, the ‘R’ building (room R4-013). Breakfast and free parking is provided by a DT Co-Leader.
NCI CTEP Agents
The NCI has relationships with a variety of biotech and pharmaceutical companies to provide access to new agents for either preclinical or clinical studies. To view the current NCI portfolio, visit the CTEP website and view "CTEP Agents and Active Agreements" located in the "Agents/Drugs" page under the Protocol Development tab.
If you are interested in working with any of the agents on the list, please contact Dr. Afshin Dowlati at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are limited funds available for pilot projects for members of the Case Comprehensive Cancer Center for:
- Performing correlative and biomarker studies on physician investigator-initiated studies
- Performing pharmacokinetics on early phase trials
If you are interested in applying for pilot funds from DTP:
- Print the pilot funds applications.
- Submit the application(s) to Marybeth.email@example.com.
- Applications will be reviewed by the Developmental Therapeutic Program Core Committee and you will be notified of the status of your application within 4-8 weeks.
- Distinguished University ProfessorDepartment of PathologySchool of MedicineProfessorDepartment of Biomedical EngineeringSchool of EngineeringCase School of EngineeringProfessorDepartment of Macromolecular Science and EngineeringCase School of EngineeringMemberDevelopmental Therapeutics ProgramCase Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Joseph T. Wearn ProfessorDepartment of Physiology and BiophysicsSchool of MedicineDirectorCryo-Electron Microscopy CoreDirectorCleveland Center for Membrane & Structural BiologyMemberDevelopmental Therapeutics ProgramCase Comprehensive Cancer Center
- ProfessorDepartment of NutritionSchool of MedicineDirectorCenter for Proteomics and BioinformaticsSchool of MedicineCharles W. and Iona A. Mathias Professor of Cancer ResearchSchool of MedicineProfessorDepartment of Genetics and Genome SciencesSchool of MedicineMemberDevelopmental Therapeutics ProgramCase Comprehensive Cancer CenterMemberCleveland Center for Membrane & Structural Biology
- ProfessorDepartment of MedicineSchool of MedicineProfessorCardiovascular Research InstituteSchool of MedicineProfessorDepartment of Physiology and BiophysicsSchool of MedicineMemberDevelopmental Therapeutics ProgramCase Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Associate ProfessorDepartment of MedicineDivision of Hematology and OncologySchool of MedicineHelen Moss Foundation-Schoff Family Professor of Integrative OncologySchool of MedicineMemberDevelopmental Therapeutics ProgramCase Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Carl F. Asseff Professor and Vice Chair for ResearchDepartment of Ophthalmology and Visual SciencesSchool of MedicineMemberDevelopmental Therapeutics ProgramCase Comprehensive Cancer CenterProfessorCardiovascular Research Institute
- Associate ProfessorDepartment of Molecular MedicineSchool of MedicineAdjunct Associate ProfessorDepartment of PhysicsSchool of MedicineAssociate Director for Data SciencesCase Comprehensive Cancer CenterMemberDevelopmental Therapeutics ProgramCase Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Associate ProfessorDepartment of MedicineDivision of Hematology and OncologySchool of MedicineAssociate ProfessorDepartment of Anesthesiology & Perioperative MedicineSchool of MedicineMemberDevelopmental Therapeutics ProgramCase Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Professor and Vice ChairmanDepartment of NeurosurgerySchool of MedicinePeter D. Cristal Chair of Neurosurgical OncologyDirectorBrain Tumor and Neuro-Oncology CenterCenter of Excellence for Translational Neuro-OncologyDistinguished Surgeon & Senior Staff NeurosurgeonUniversity Hospitals Cleveland Medical CenterDistinguished Surgeon & Senior Staff NeurosurgeonUniversity Hospitals Seidman Cancer CenterDistinguished Surgeon & Senior Staff NeurosurgeonCase Comprehensive Cancer Center
- ProfessorDepartment of PathologySchool of MedicineMemberDevelopmental Therapeutics ProgramCase Comprehensive Cancer CenterMemberCenter for AIDS ResearchSchool of MedicineMemberCleveland Center for Membrane and Structural Biology