- Maintaining and operating ionizing radiation-producing devices for cancer researchers
- Consultation with users concerning instrumentation, services, training requirements, security clearances, and experimental design
- Training new users in the proper and safe operation of the equipment
- Technical assistance upon request for dose and dose-rate calculations, hands-on assistance with experiments, design of specialized shields, and other problem solving
- Focal radiation delivery to small animals with Radiation Oncology clinical devices
Radiation Resources equipment is available to all Cancer Center members. A range of irradiators is available to handle cells or animals at high or low dose rates. The staff of the Shared Resource will assist users in choosing the most appropriate equipment for their purposes.
- Animal irradiation with clinical devices: $175 per hour
- Current per use charge: $75 (for all irradiations that can be performed in one calendar day)
- Current monthly maximum use cap: 5 uses* (uses above the cap are not charged)
- *Single use = all irradiations by a single user with one source during a single calendar day.
- There is a $50 charge per use for unqualified people having the technical manager do the radiation for them.
All resource users must be trained and authorized. For more information please contact Richard Agnes, PhD at email@example.com.
Remember to acknowledge the valuable services provided by Cancer Center Shared Resources in your research papers and publications:
"This research was supported by the Radiation Resources Shared Resource of the Case Comprehensive Cancer Center (P30CA043703)."
Contact for Information
|Name and Role||Email and Phone|
|Raymond F. Muzic, Jr., PhD, Director
Richard Agnes, PhD, Technical Manager