The Tissue Resources Shared Resource (SR) is a specialized unit of the Human Tissue Procurement Facility (HTPF) that supports Cancer Center member researchers by acquiring, preserving, and distributing high-quality human tissues and providing priority histology, immunohistochemistry, tissue microarray and in situ hybridization services for both human and animal tissues. Services are open to all Cancer Center members on an equal basis.
Samples are for research purposes only and may not be used for clinical diagnosis or implantation into humans. Clinical information relating to the samples and donors are collected and maintained in a secure database. Samples and data are de-identified or de-linked before release to the researcher unless he/she has specific IRB approval to gain access to this information.
Please note: Researchers must complete a formal application and have an IRB approval or exemption for the study to access human tissue from the SR.
UHCMC and CWRU are closely monitoring COVID-19 pandemic developments at the local and national levels. The safety of patients, caregivers, faculty, and staff is of primary concern. The situation is rapidly evolving and may necessitate an immediate change in operations at any moment. The Tissue Resources SR is fully operational and offering all core services using the guidelines noted below in order to protect the health of all employees, researchers, and their families; support community efforts to control the spread of the virus, and contribute to responsibly getting Ohio back to work.
- Required face coverings: For all SR employees and all researchers entering our labs in both Wearn and Institute of Pathology Buildings.
- Complete daily health assessments (Required by CWRU): For all employees and researchers using core services (self-evaluation) to determine if “fit for duty.” Please do not enter TRC labs if you have symptoms of illness.
- Maintain good hygiene: Perform hand washing, sanitizing and social distancing (minimum of 6’ apart) when entering and working in TRC labs.
- Clean and sanitize: TRC lab spaces are cleaned using disinfectants throughout the workday and at the close of business.
- Limited capacity to meet social distancing guidelines.
- Maximum capacity (4-6) – Only a total of 2 researchers may enter core labs at a time.
- Appointment setting where possible to limit congestion – please call our main line (216) 844-5335 with inquiries, and sign up for equipment rental using the iLAB system.
Remember to acknowledge the valuable services provided by Cancer Center Shared Resources in your research papers and publications:
"This research was supported by the Tissue Resources Shared Resource of the Case Comprehensive Cancer Center (P30CA043703)."
Contact for Information
Tissue Procurement, IHC and TMA Services:
|Director||Marta Couce, MD, PhD
|Co-Director||Daniel J. Lindner, MD, PhD
|Co-Director||Jennifer Ko, MD, PhD
|Manager of Operations||Adam Kresak, MS
|Tissue Procurement Services||Wendi Barrett, BA
|Histology Services||Jenifer Mikulan, BBA
|IHC, TMA, and Photomicroscopy Services||Adam Kresak, MS