The Case Comprehensive Cancer Center welcomes applications from all independent faculty with a full-time appointment in a department at Case Western Reserve University (CWRU) who have cancer-related research interests. Membership criteria and privileges are described below.
Categories of Membership
- Have independent funding for cancer-related research from an external, peer-reviewed funding agency or have principal investigator status on an investigator-initiated clinical trial.
- Junior faculty who plan to pursue an academic career focused in cancer-related research; are eligible to apply for national peer-reviewed support; and are PI on cancer-related mentored or small grants. Membership is renewable upon review every three years.
- Those who lead a shared resource or have other significant roles, or strong participation in a Cancer Center program may be approved as Associate Members. Membership is renewable every three years upon review, but is limited to the period during which they serve in these roles.
- Faculty who are leaders in clinical research as PIs of clinical trials or multi-center trials and participate in Clinical Trials Disease Teams.
Trainee Associate Member
- Students (undergraduate, graduate or medical), postdocs, residents, fellows, and junior faculty that conduct cancer-focused research and/or are engaged in oncology-related clinical training.
- While a faculty appointment is not required for this level, applicants must be affiliated with Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland Clinic or University Hospitals.
Privileges of Membership
- Full members are eligible for secondary appointment in the Division of General Medical Sciences-Oncology, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine;
- Use of shared resources;
- Information about targeted funding opportunities;
- Eligibility to apply for developmental funds;
- Eligibility to apply for interim research support;
- Eligibility to participate in planning for program development;
- Eligibility to participate in Cancer Center-sponsored special events and retreats.
- Members will participate in and contribute to a Cancer Center scientific program;
- Members will provide to the Cancer Center an annual summary of their research activities by updating their NIH Biosketch;
- Membership will be reviewed and renewed every three years based on membership criteria. Associate members are reviewed every three years, unless criteria for full membership are met earlier.
Apply for Membership
Contact for More Information
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about the membership process.