- Postdoctoral Fellow, Midwest Council for Social Research in Aging, 1968
- Ph.D., Human Development, University of Chicago, 1967
Underserved Populations and Community Research
- Quality of life for older adults
- Health care relationships forged between patients, physicians and family caregivers
- Elements of successful aging
- Adaptation to fragility
Eva Kahana, PhD research focuses on understanding how older adults cope with a broad spectrum of stressors ranging from increasing frailty to relocation, institutionalization and surviving trauma in their lives. She also has worked on studies focusing on proactive adaptations undertaken by older adults as they face stressful life situations. Her recent work focuses on health care of older adults and the health care relationships forged between patients, physicians and family caregivers.