Abstract submission deadline: Friday, May 14, 2021 by 5pm
The Case Comprehensive Cancer Center is hosting its Annual Scientific Retreat July 22-23, 2021. July 22 will feature TED talks from prominent leaders from each of our partner institutions and an update from Cancer Center Director Stan Gerson, MD. July 23 will include a keynote presentation from Zihai Li, MD, PhD founding director of the Pelotonia Institute for Immuno-Oncology and the Klotz Chair in Cancer Research at The Ohio State University.
The retreat is open to members of the Case Comprehensive Cancer Center. Students, post-docs, and fellows may only attend if they present a poster.
All students, postdocs and fellows conducting cancer research are invited to submit abstracts for two opportunities to present their research during the retreat: 1) poster presentation and 2) oral presentation. Cancer Center leadership will review abstracts based on the relationship to cancer, novelty, significance of findings and clarity.
Please contact Mary Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- 1-page Microsoft Word document
- 300 words maximum (excluding title, authors and institutions)
- 11-point Arial font
- Margins: 1 inch
- Abstract title: bold and centered
- All authors and affiliations
- First and corresponding authors’ email addresses
- Avoid special characters
- Exclude references, drawings and graphs
- The organizing committee reserves the right to modify the abstract for uniformity.
- Abstracts will be reviewed for content only.
- All abstracts that follow guidelines will be accepted.
NOTE: Abstract submissions will be used to identify additional speakers for the retreat. At the time of abstract submission, please indicate if you would like to be considered for a talk and panel discussion at the retreat. The selection of speakers for the retreat is based only on the submitted abstract.
- All who submit an abstract are required to submit a poster.
- Deadline for poster submission is Friday, June 4.
- Posters must be submitted by deadline to provide time for selection of speakers from the submitted posters and for the speakers to prepare and record their talks.
Poster Session Format
- At the retreat, the poster session will be a virtual breakout session that will involve real-time questions and answers similar to what would occur in an in-person session.
- You will need to be present for your entire poster session.
- Submitted posters will be reviewed by the planning committee and selected to give a 20-minute talk and participate in a panel Q&A.
- If you are selected to present a talk during the retreat, you do not need to present your poster in real-time at the poster session unless you wish to do so.