Abstracts submission deadline: Friday, October 18, 2019 at 5pm ET
The Case Comprehensive Cancer Center is hosting the "2019 Innovators in AYA Cancer: Driving Science and Policy toward a Brighter Future for Teens and Young Adults Symposium" on November 14 and 15, 2019 in the Tinkham Veale University Center Ballroom on the campus of Case Western Reserve University.
The symposium will feature a poster session and Rising Star oral presentations. All students, postdocs, residents, fellows and faculty conducting research in adolescent and young adult (AYA) cancer are invited to submit abstracts. A committee will review abstracts based on the relationship to AYA cancers, novelty, significance of findings and clarity. Monetary prizes will be awarded.
The poster session will be held Thursday, November 14, 2019 from 5-7pm in the Tinkham Veale University Center Ballroom. The poster session will be split into two sessions for judging: Session 1 (5-6pm) and Session 2 (6-7pm). Poster presenters will be notified of their judging session prior to the event. The presenting author must be at their poster during their judging session to be eligible for monetary awards.
Exceptional abstracts will be selected for Rising Star oral presentations to be delivered during the symposium general session on Friday, November 15, 2019.
Abstract submission instructions
- All abstracts must be submitted via the online portal.
- All individuals who submit abstracts must also register for the event.
- Each abstract must fit on one 8 1/2 x 11-inch paper with 1-inch margins on all sides.
- Use Times New Roman 12 point font.
- Place the abstract title, authors, and author affiliations at the top.
- Bold and underline the name of the presenting author.
- If an abstract is selected for the Rising Star oral presentation the author labeled in bold and underline must give the oral presentation.
- The abstract body is limited to 500 words maximum.
- Do not include figures, references or acknowledgments in the abstract.
- The organizing committee reserves the right to modify the abstract for uniformity.
- Abstracts submission deadline: Friday, October 18, 2019
- Rising Star oral presentation selection: Friday, October 25, 2019
- Poster session: Thursday, November 14, 2019
- Rising Star oral presentations: November 15, 2019
Questions should be directed to Mary Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org.