With the generous support from VeloSano Bike to Cure 2020, the Case Comprehensive Cancer Center (Case CCC) is providing seed funding for innovative and impactful proposals that will generate key data for larger, nationally competitive multi-investigator/team grants (MPI R01, P01, U01, SPORE, etc.). The Case CCC has recently undertaken a reorientation of its scientific programs, and this award will provide funds for each of our six scientific programs. Program Leaders will select the award aligned to their program, and therefore will not serve as project PI. Projects must be focused on the establishment or support of a collaborative effort by a team of 2 or more independent investigators from the case Case CCC research program. The goal is to submit a federal team science grant application.
This RFA is open to all Case CCC faculty members. Proposals cannot be concurrently funded by other sources or by the Cancer Center. There is no restriction in discussing the proposal with the Program Leaders.
- $80,000 is allotted to each Research Program.
- Research projects should be completed within 12 months.
- Funds must be expended within the 12 month funding period, as cost extensions will not be granted.
- Successful teams will be eligible for continued Case CCC Multi-PI grant support at the conclusion of the award.
- Teams of 2 or more Case CCC members from the same research program.
- All projects must be highly integrative, collaborative, and driven to submit a team science grant proposal (e.g., MPI R01, P01, U01, SPORE, etc.) to be deemed responsive to this RFA.
- Teams must provide a ‘Statement of Need’ outlining proposed use of requested funds.
- Projects must have a high likelihood of subsequent national-level funding.
- Investigators can be collaborators on multiple applications; however, investigators can only serve as PI on 1 application at a time.
- All funds for core facilities must involve Case CCC cores unless the use of a core(s) at another NCI-funded is sufficiently justified.
- All awardees (PI/Co-PI) with their laboratories commit to participating in either VeloSano 2021 or 2022 and agree to raise a minimum of $2,000.
Please submit all materials via InfoReady by Friday, August 6, 2021 (deadline extended).
Contact email@example.com or your specific program leaders with any questions.