- Doctor of Philosophy Nursing, Case Western Reserve University
- Master of Science in Nursing, Case Western Reserve University
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, University of Cincinnati
Underserved Populations and Community Research
- Health, stress, coping, and family Functioning of Grandmothers by caregiver status
- Stress, mental and physical health of community dwelling older adults by caregiver status
- Methodological issues
Carol M. Musil, PhD research focuses on stress, health, and caregiving. For the past 20 years, she has studied the physical and psychological health of caregivers over time, especially grandmothers raising grandchildren, and how factors such as resourcefulness and support affect health and family well-being especially during times of strain and transitions. Dr. Musil takes a multi-generational view of families, and has included the grandchildren of grandmothers in her research.