DEADLINE: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis
The Case CCC will provide support to research teams that plan to submit large multi-investigator grant applications (usually non-R support mechanisms). For research teams that have an established track record of collaborative research, pilot project funding is available to support key research initiatives that are deemed necessary to generate competitive multi-investigator proposals. Requests for support are competitive and decisions regarding funding will require the research team to demonstrate the active engagement of team members in the proposed project, clearly articulate the significance and innovation of the project, and provide a roadmap for acquisition of external funding.
This RFA is open to all Case Comprehensive Cancer Center Members. These projects must not be currently funded by other sources or by the Cancer Center.
- Budgets should be developed conservatively based on required funding to complete key research initiatives.
- Each pilot can request a budget of $10,000 - $100,000 for one year, based on the specific need for the key research initiative.
- Preference will be given to projects with the strongest justification for proposed budget.
- Research projects should be completed within one year.
- Strong investigative teams of Case Comprehensive Cancer Center members.
- All materials to complete the project should be in-hand or readily available. For example, tissue-based research that requires an approved IRB protocol and patient cohort studies must have already recruited the cohort. Collection of new patient cohorts as the primary focus of the work is not responsive to this RFA.
- While investigators can be collaborators on multiple applications, only one application will be accepted per lead PI.
- All funds for core facilities must use Case Comprehensive Cancer Center shared resources, when available, rather than shared resources at institutions outside Cleveland unless a specific justification for use of another shared resources is submitted and approved.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or John Pounardjian at 216.368.0846 with any questions.