DEADLINE: August 17, 2018
The Case Comprehensive Cancer Center is providing seed funding for new collaborative multi-investigator and impactful proposals that will complement the Case CCC Scientific Initiatives and generate key data for larger, nationally competitive grants. Projects must be transformative in nature and focus on Genomics, Drug Discovery, Community and Disparities Research, AYA, Immunotherapy, Women’s Cancers, or Brain Tumors. Investigators should submit ideas that will build new collaborations
This RFA is open to all Case Comprehensive Cancer Center Members. These projects must not be currently funded by other sources or by the Cancer Center.
- Up to 5 research projects will be funded. Total funds committed to this RFA are $300,000.
- Each research project can request a budget of up to $75,000 for one year.
- Research projects should be completed within one year.
- Research must include at least 1 project and 2 PIs.
- Strong investigative teams of Case Comprehensive Cancer Center members.
- New collaborations with relevance to Case CCC Scientific Initiatives.
- Projects cannot be currently funded from any source.
- All materials to complete the project should be in-hand or readily available. For example, tissue-based research that requires an approved IRB protocol and patient cohort studies must have already recruited the cohort. Collection of new patient cohorts as the primary focus of the work is not responsive to this RFA.
- While investigators can be collaborators on multiple applications, only one application will be accepted per lead PI.
- All funds for core facilities must use Case Comprehensive Cancer Center shared resources, when available, rather than shared resources at institutions outside Cleveland unless a specific justification for use of another shared resources is submitted and approved.
Contact email@example.com or John Pounardjian at 216.368.0846 with any questions.