The Case Comprehensive Cancer Center (Case CCC) is providing seed funding for innovative and impactful proposals that will generate key data for nationally competitive MPI grants. Projects must be focused on the establishment or support of a collaborative effort by 2 or more independent investigators with the goal of submitting an MPI extramural grant application. Applicants must submit a letter of intent (LOI) prior to submission of the full application.
This RFA is open to all Case CCC faculty members. All proposals cannot be concurrently funded by other sources or by the Cancer Center.
- Up to 3 research projects will be funded. Total funds committed to this RFA are $360,000.
- Each research project can request a budget of up to $120,000 for one year.
- Research projects should be completed within one year.
- Funds must be expended within the 12 month funding period, as cost extensions will not be granted.
- Teams of 2 Case CCC faculty members.
- Projects must be highly integrative and collaborative to be deemed responsive to this RFA.
- All materials to complete the project (e.g., IRB, GEMMs, biosamples, biospecimens, etc.) should be in-hand or readily available. Collection of new patient cohorts as the primary focus of the work is not responsive to this RFA.
- Projects must have a high likelihood of subsequent national-level funding.
- Investigators can be collaborators on multiple applications; however, investigators can only serve as PI on 1 application per year.
- All funds for core facilities must involve Case CCC shared resources unless the use of a core(s) at another NCI-funded facility is sufficiently justified.
LOI (preferred, but not required) due Friday, October 25, 2019. Full application due Friday, November 8, 2019.
Contact email@example.com or John Pounardjian at 216.368.0846 with any questions.