The Case Comprehensive Cancer Center (Case CCC) is providing seed funding for innovative and impactful proposals that will generate key data for nationally competitive MPI grants. Projects must be focused on the establishment or support of a collaborative effort by 2 or more independent investigators with the goal of submitting an MPI extramural grant application.
This RFA is open to all Case CCC faculty members. All proposals cannot be concurrently funded by other sources or by the Cancer Center.
- $60,000 maximum direct costs per year for an individual PI.
- $120,000 maximum direct costs per year for teams of 2 or more PIs (MPI application).
- Research projects should be completed within one year.
- Funds must be expended within the 12 month funding period, as no-cost extensions will not be granted.
- For teams of 2 Case CCC faculty members, both must be listed as PI (MPI application)
- Projects must be highly integrative and collaborative to be deemed responsive to this RFA.
- All materials to complete the project (e.g., IRB, GEMMs, biosamples, biospecimens, etc.) should be in-hand and readily available. Collection of new patient cohorts as the primary focus of the work is not responsive to this RFA.
- Projects must have a high likelihood of subsequent national-level funding.
- Investigators can be collaborators on multiple applications; however, investigators can only serve as PI on 1 funded application per year.
- All funds for core facilities must involve Case CCC cores unless the use of a core(s) at another NCI-funded is sufficiently justified.
Full application due Friday, April 16, 2021.
Contact email@example.com with any questions.