The Case Comprehensive Cancer Center (Case CCC) is providing seed funding for outstanding, independent junior faculty to aid in generating key data for nationally competitive grants, particularly the development of R01 and Scholar Awards. Jump Start Pilot awards entail a mentoring component, and as such, applicants need to identify a primary mentor and advisory/career development team. Applicants must identify their Case CCC program and are strongly encouraged to have their proposals reviewed by Program Leaders prior to submission.
This RFA is open to all junior, independent faculty (i.e., tenure-eligible or equivalent) and Associate Case CCC Members. Proposals may be paired with institutional ACS award for outstanding junior faculty.
- Up to 2 research projects will be funded. Total funds committed to this RFA are $150,000.
- Each research project can request a budget of up to $75,000 for 18 months.
- Research projects should be completed within project period, resulting in submission of competitive extramural awards.
- Funds must be expended within the 18 month funding period, as cost extensions will not be granted.
- Outstanding junior faculty and Associate Case CCC Members.
- Jump Start mechanism requires mentoring and oversight. Thus, applicants must clearly identify a primary mentor and advisory team to be deemed responsive to this RFA.
- Primary sponsor must provide a letter of support attesting to mentorship and career development activities.
- Applicants must review the proposal with their mentoring committee and provide written feedback from that meeting with their proposal.
- Projects must have a high likelihood of subsequent national-level funding.
- Investigators can be collaborators on multiple applications; however, investigators can only serve as PI on 1 application during the funding period.
- All funds for shared resources must involve Case CCC facilities unless the use of a shared resource(s) at another NCI-funded institution is sufficiently justified.
Full application due Monday, August 31, 2020.
Contact email@example.com or Julie DeJager Glavic at 216.368.5780 with any questions.