The Case Comprehensive Cancer Center (Case CCC) is providing pilot project funding for innovative and impactful proposals focused on lung cancer. The goal of this RFA is two-fold: (i) generate key data for nationally competitive lung cancer grants, or (ii) provide seed money to facilitate new research opportunities in lung cancer.
This RFA is open to all Case CCC faculty members. Proposals cannot be concurrently funded by other sources or by the Cancer Center.
- Up to 2 research projects will be funded. Total funds committed to this RFA are $100,000.
- Each research project can request a budget of up to $50,000 for one year.
- Research projects should be completed within one year.
- Funds must be expended within the 12 month funding period, as cost extensions will not be granted.
- All materials to complete the project (e.g., IRB, GEMMs, biosamples, biospecimens, etc.) should be in-hand or readily available. Collection of new patient cohorts as the primary focus of the work is not responsive to this RFA.
- Projects must have a high likelihood of subsequent national-level funding.
- All funds for core facilities must involve Case CCC cores unless the use of a core(s) at another NCI-funded is sufficiently justified.
- Investigators can only serve as PI on one funded Case CCC application per year.
Please submit all materials via InfoReady by Friday, April 17, 2020.
Contact email@example.com or John Pounardjian at 216.368.0846 with any questions.