The Case Comprehensive Cancer Center (Case CCC) is providing seed funding for innovative and impactful proposals that will generate key data for nationally competitive multi-investigator/team grants (P01, U01, SPORE, etc.). Projects must be focused on the establishment or support of a collaborative effort by a team of 3 or more independent investigators with the goal of submitting a team science grant application.
This RFA is open to all senior Case CCC faculty members. All proposals cannot be concurrently funded by other sources or by the Cancer Center.
- Each research project can request a budget of up to $180,000.
- Research projects should be completed within 18 months.
- Funds must be expended within the 18 month funding period, as cost extensions will not be granted.
- Successful teams will be eligible for continued Case CCC Multi-PI grant support at the conclusion of the award.
- Teams of 3 or more senior Case CCC members.
- Projects must be highly integrative, collaborative, and driven to submit a team science grant proposal (e.g., P01, U01, SPORE, etc.) to be deemed responsive to this RFA.
- Teams must provide a "Statement of Need" outlining proposed use of requested funds.
- Projects must have a high likelihood of subsequent national-level funding.
- Investigators can be collaborators on multiple applications; however, investigators can only serve as PI on 1 application per year.
- All funds for shared resources must involve Case CCC shared resources unless the use of a shared resource(s) at another NCI-funded is sufficiently justified.
Full application due Friday, April 16, 2021.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.