The Case Comprehensive Cancer Center is providing funding for Pilot Projects to utilize the newly designated SOM/UH Integrated Microbiome Core (IMC). The IMC offers cutting edge sequencing technology for analysis of the micro- and myco-biomes (16S, ITS, bacterial genomics, metagenomics and metatranscriptomics). Full-service offerings are available including help with experimental design, nucleic acid isolation, generation of genomic data and data analysis. This RFA is open to all Case CCC Members and applications will be accepted immediately on a rolling basis until all pilot award slots (6) are filled. Proposals cannot be concurrently funded by other sources or by the Cancer Center.
- Up to 6 research projects will be funded. Total funds committed to this RFA are $150,000.
- Each research project can request a budget of up to $25,000 for one year.
- Funds should be sufficient to cover the cost to collect 96 samples, extract nucleic acid, generate and analyze genomic data.
- Research projects should be completed within one year from the time IRB approval is obtained.
- Funds must be expended within this 12 month funding period, as no-cost extensions will not be granted.
- Open to all Case CCC members.
- Projects should complement ongoing studies in cancer areas, where evidence exists that information regarding the microbiome or the mycobiome will provide new direction or added dimension to the existing study.
- Projects should link to a Cancer Center Research Program or a Cancer Center Initiative.
- Prospective sample collection of an existing patient cohort is acceptable. Collection and analysis must be completed within 12 months.
- IRB approval is not required prior to submission of application.
- Projects must have a high likelihood of obtaining subsequent national-level funding.
- While investigators can be collaborators on multiple applications, only one application will be accepted per lead PI. Additionally, PIs are allowed one award per year (i.e., no concurrent awards).
Open immediately and continue until all projects are awarded.
Contact email@example.com or John Pounardjian at 216.368.0846 with any questions.