With the generous support from VeloSano Bike to Cure 2018, the Case Comprehensive Cancer Center (Case CCC) is providing seed funding for highly innovative and potentially impactful proposals that will generate key data for larger, nationally competitive grants. Projects must be aligned with at least one of the eight Case CCC Research Initiatives (Cancer Genomics, Cancer Immunotherapy, Brain Tumors, AYA cancers, Drug Discovery and Development, Women’s Cancers, Community and Cancer Disparities, Computational Diagnostic Informatics) and the Center’s Strategic Plan. Collaborative, multi-investigator projects are particularly encouraged and preferred.
Case CCC members who are not eligible to serve as a PI for Cleveland Clinic-based VeloSano funding.
All awardees (PI/Co-PI) with their laboratories commit to participate in either VeloSano 2019 or 2020 and agree to raise a minimum of $2,000.
- All awardees must present their research progress when requested by the Case CCC.
Up to six (6) research projects funded at $75,000/award.
Research projects must be completed within one year.
Funds must be expended within the 12 month funding period, as cost extensions will not be granted.
Strong investigative teams of Case CCC members.
Must align with one (1) or more Scientific Initiative as described in the Cancer Center Strategic Plan.
- Projects must be highly innovative and potentially impactful.
- All materials to complete the project (IRB, bio-samples, reagents, mice imaging data) should be in-hand or readily available. Collection of new patient cohorts as the primary focus of the work is not responsive to this RFA.
- Projects must have a high likelihood of subsequent national-level funding.
- While investigators can be collaborators on multiple applications, only one application will be accepted per lead PI. PIs are allowed one award per year (i.e., no concurrent awards).
- All funds for shared resources must involve Case CCC shared resources unless the use of a shared resource(s) at another NCI-funded center is sufficiently justified.
Please submit all materials via InfoReady by April 30, 2019.
Contact email@example.com or John Pounardjian at 216.368.0846 with any questions.