The Case Comprehensive Cancer Center's Specialized Program of Research Excellence in Gastrointestinal Malignancies (GI SPORE) is pleased to announce a new funding opportunity. All faculty members are invited to submit project proposals to compete for R01 level funding for up to three (3) years by selection for incorporation as a full project in the current Case GI SPORE program, with potential for renewal for an additional five (5) years of funding contingent on the future competitive renewal of the GI SPORE program.
All proposals must be directed toward translational research of a GI malignancy with at least one specific aim that involves direct study of patients or of consented human tissues as defined in the SPORE RFA.
Proposals must include two project leaders; one basic science leader and one clinical leader. Maximum funding for this RFA is $186,000 per year of direct costs for three years, for a total of $558,000 in direct costs.
Concept Proposal Guidlines
- Contact information for PI and faculty collaborators
- Proposal (6-page maximum) in length (excluding references) as follows: (29000 characters with spaces, arial font, 11)
- Specific aims (1 page)
- Background and significance (1-2 pages)
- Experimental design (2-3 pages)
- NIH biosketches for all faculty participants
- Detailed budget in NIH Budget Format (PHS 398, fp4)
- Please append a short description of any proposed utilization of any current SPORE core resources (bioinformatics, biorepository)
Completed proposals must be emailed to Suzanne Morris at email@example.com by July 8, 2019. For questions, please contact Suzanne Morris. Previously submitted SPORE pilot applications are welcome to be resubmitted as full projects and may be updated with any new progress.