With the generous support from VeloSano Bike to Cure, the Case Comprehensive Cancer Center (Case CCC) is providing funding for Case CCC Trainee Associate Members to perform their “dream experiment.”
The experiment should catalyze highly innovative and impactful projects and help strengthen fellowship and career development grant applications. The intent of the award is to support a single or limited set of innovative experiments, not for general laboratory supplies/projects or maintenance of the trainee’s project.
- Fellowship applicants must be Case CCC Trainee Associate Members (apply here)
- Trainees are defined as graduate or medical students, postdoctoral scholars or fellows, or medical residents or fellows working on a cancer-focused project. Postdocs, residents and fellows must be within their first five years of post-doctoral training
- All awardees are expected to participate in VeloSano, either in 2020 or 2021 (as a rider, virtual rider, or volunteer).
- Awardees must present their research progress when requested by the Case CCC.
- Up to five (5) research projects funded at $10,000/award.
- Research projects must be completed within one (1) year, with funds expended by June 30, 2021.
- Projects address an important biological, clinical, or population-based research problem.
- Dream experiment is highly innovative, potentially impactful, and is appropriately designed.
- All materials to complete the project are readily available; the experiment(s) can be completed within 6 months of activation.
- The environment is appropriate for completion of the experiment. The mentor’s laboratory is equipped to facilitate the project and appropriate co-investigators are engaged in the project.
- The fellowship will increase the likelihood of subsequent national fellowship/career development funding, publication, or presentation of the trainee’s research at a national conference.
- The research project is expected to contribute to at least one impactful publication.
- Due Date: All materials must be submitted to Damian Junk (email@example.com) by midnight October 14, 2020
- Committee Review: A mock Study Section will review applications November 9-11, 2020
- Awards will be announced December 2020
- Award Activation: Awards will be activated early January 2021
- Award Spending Deadline: All funds for the award must be expended by June 30, 2021, no extensions will be approved.