All print journals and most electronic journals are also listed by title in CWRU's library catalog.
Other Sources of Electronic Journals
- OhioLINK Electronic Journal Center - titles are included in the alphabetical listing above.
- Academic Search Complete
- ASM Journals - are available to Case faculty, staff and students.
- BioMed Central and BioOne titles available through the OhioLINK Electronic Journal Center
- CINAHL Plus with Full Text
- CSH (Cold Spring Harbor) Protocols
- Dental Cosmos - a monthly record of dental science.
- DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals) - covers free, full text, quality controlled scientific and scholarly journals.
- Europe PubMed Central
- Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition
- Ingenta Connect
- Mary Ann Liebert, Inc., publishers
- Nature - journals are available to CWRU faculty, staff and students. Please check the alphabetical list of available titles.
- Online Journal of Issues in Nursing - a peer-reviewed, online publication addressing pertinent issues in nursing. The Online Journal of Issues in Nursing is available free of charge and published jointly by the American Nurses Association and the Kent State University College of Nursing.
- Ovid - You may search CWRU's holdings as well as Open Access titles. If the full text for the Open Access titles do not appear with Internet Explorer, please try Chrome.
- Nursing & Allied Health Database (ProQuest) - is available to Case Western Reserve University.
- PsychiatryOnline (includes DSM library)
- PubMed Central - PubMed Central® (PMC) is a free full-text archive with more than 5 million full-text records, spanning several centuries of biomedical and life science research (late 1700s to present)
- ScienceDirect - If the icon is GREEN, we have access.
- SpringerLink -If the icon is GREEN, we have access.
JAMA and all the archived journals are now available by site license - you do not need an ID or Password for any of these titles.
AACR Journals are available electronically by site license to all Case users.
Provides full text access to AIDS and JAIDS available through OVID Full Text Journals.
Also available from the OhioLINK Electronic Journal Center.
Requires a password. Please contact the HCL Electronic Librarian at firstname.lastname@example.org for access.
To find a digital object on the internet - for example, an electronic journal article.
ICMJE Recommendations ("The Uniform Requirements")
- Recommendations for the Conduct, Reporting, Editing, and Publication of Scholarly work in Medical Journals
Citation Reference Standards
Many electronic journals are .pdf files. You must install Adobe Acrobat Reader on your computer to read the full text.
Please read the Acceptable Use Policy.