Secure, authenticated wireless access if available on campus using a CWRU Network ID and password.
A secure, authenticated network accessible on campus using a CWRU Network ID and password.
Visit wireless-setup.case.edu to get started.
If you are using Case Guest, you will need VPN (Virtual Private Networking).
The information about remote access presented here is for all users not directly wired to the CWRU network, and especially for those individuals attempting to use the health sciences library resources.
There are several important steps to follow to have access to the library resources:
- The CWRU network account must be activated. This includes the CWRU email.
- When accessing the network remotely, you must have VPN installed and opened on your computer. It is a minimal software program which you must download.
- Some OhioLINK resources may be accessed remotely by providing your name, CWRU Account Number and PIN from CWRU's Library Catalog. If you do not have a PIN, or if you are having difficulty with the PIN, please call the Circulation Desk at the Health Center at 216.368.4540, or at the Allen at 216.368.3641. Please call between 8:30 A.M. and 5:00 P.M., Monday - Friday. You may modify your PIN by going to My LIbrary Account.
- OhioLINK provides information about accessing its resources - Remote Authentication Help
- Please contact CHSL's Interlibrary Loan Department for a list of applicable charges to obtain materials. You may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call the Interlibrary Loan Department at 216.368.6420.
- When accessing PubMed, please use the following URL: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?holding=cwruclib_fft_ndi&otool=cwruclib
- This URL provides links to the electronic journals to which CWRU subscribes, to the Electronic Journal Center of OhioLINK and to OLINKS which provides a full text link if available, whether there are copies in the library and information about formatting the citation for inclusion in a bibliography.
Access to the electronic resources at Case Western Reserve University is governed by site licenses and restricted to current CWRU faculty, staff and students.
For more information, please read the Acceptable Use Policy.
For more information or questions, please contact the reference department by phone at 216.368.3218 or by email to email@example.com.