Aging is defined as the aging process anywhere between birth and old age.
Aged is defined as a person 65 through 79 years of age.
For a person older than 79 years, AGED, 80 AND OVER is available.
Dental care for aged, is defined as the giving of attention to the special dental needs of the elderly for proper maintenance or treatment. The dental care may include the services provided by dental specialists.
Geriatric nursing is the nursing care of the aged patient given in the home, the hospital, or special institutions such as nursing homes, psychiatric institutions, etc.
Geriatrics is the branch of medicine concerned with the physiological and pathological aspects of the aged, including the clinical problems of senescence and senility.
If you need more information, please contact Reference at the Allen Library at 216.368.3640 or at the Health Education Campus Library at 216.368.3218. You can also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CWRU's Library Catalog
- OhioLINK Library Catalog
- Library of Congress Catalog
- National Library of Medicine's LocatorPlus
For additional catalogs and databases, please check the Library Catalogs and Databases page.
- Administration on Aging
- Alzheimer's Disease and Healthy Aging (CDC)
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Cleveland Department of Aging
- National Institute on Aging
- Ohio Department of Aging
- Social Security Online
- Institute of Gerontology (King's College London)
- Human Ageing Genomic Resources
- MedlinePlus Seniors' Health
- Scripps Gerontology Center (Miami University)
- World Health Organization Ageing and Life Course
Associations and Organizations
- Finding Health Sciences Information
- ICMJE Recommendations ("The Uniform Requirements")
- Citation Reference Standards