Health information is available in libraries, bookstores, on the world wide web, throughout the media - just about anywhere you look. This web page will help you find reliable resources on the world wide web.
- CWRU's Library Catalog
- OhioLINK Library Catalog
- Library of Congress Catalog
- National Library of Medicine's LocatorPlus
For additional catalogs and databases, please check the Library Catalogs and Databases page.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Drugs, Herbs and Supplements
- FDA Information For Consumers
- Health Information from the Government - USA.gov
- Healthy People
- National Cancer Institute
- Health Information - National Institutes of Health
- NIH News in Health is a free monthly newsletter bringing you practical health information based on research from the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the nation's medical research agency.
- Surgeon General
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
- American Association of Poison Control Centers
- American Dental Association
- American Medical Association
- Health on the Net Foundation
Resources from Hospitals, Libraries, Universities, etc.
- CAPHIS - download "CAPHIS' Most Trusted Health Websites."
- Cleveland Public Library Research Databases
- Cuyahoga County Public Library Resources
- Genetics Home Reference
- Health Hotlines - through Teen Health & Wellness
- Healthy Roads Media
- HIV/AIDS Resources - National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
- The Merck Manuals
- African American Health
- Native Health Database (NHD) - provided by the University of New Mexico Health Sciences Library and Informatics Center
- American Indian and Alaska Native Health
- SPIRAL (Selected Patient Information Resources in Asian Languages)
- Arctic Health
- Office of Research on Women’s Health - National Institutes of Health
- HealthReach - health information in many languages (National Library of Medicine).
- Men's Health - National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health
- Finding Health Sciences Information
- ICMJE Recommendations ("The Uniform Requirements")
- Citation Reference Standards