Philanthropy Makes a Difference at the School of Dental Medicine
There is a strong and rich tradition of alumni, faculty, community partners and foundations, and corporate partners that provide financial support to Case Western Reserve University School of Dental Medicine. Their reasons range from personal sentiment, pride in their alma mater, and desire for community impact to an obligation to support their profession. Whatever the reason, supporting the mission of the school and dental education makes a difference in Discovering the Future of Dental Medicine.
How is your support used?
- The Annual Fund supports many things in addition to the school’s operating budget. This allows our school to stay on the forefront of dental education by consistently upgrading teaching tools like our dental simulator labs, practice management software and digital x-ray equipment.
- Student scholarships are a vital recruitment tool to ensure we have the most qualified and diverse class in our DMD program. Tuition is over $58,000, not including materials and living expenses, which puts all of our students in financial need. With a scholarship pool of just over $300,000--$75,000 per class--it is difficult to provide competitive financial aid.
- Community outreach and service is a key point in the school’s mission. Being the dental home to Cleveland and the surrounding area is a large responsibility. This ever-expanding portion of education and research allows us to give back to our community in a meaningful way.
- Endowed Funds Support provides consistent and continued support. Endowments can be department and program specific, funding areas from student and faculty academic awards, research, continuing education for alumni, and student scholarships.
- Dental faculty is a much sought-after group, and we want our students to have the best. With the growing number of dental schools and programs, we want to attract and retain a well-rounded diverse faculty. Endowed Chairs and Professorships fund these important positions.
- Alumni support makes a strong statement of dedication and support to University Trustees, faculty, students, and potential investors.
There are many ways that you can support the school as we Discover the Future of Dental Medicine as part of the Forward Thinking: The Campaign for CWRU. If you would like to support the school today, please contact the Office of Development and Alumni Relations or make your gift online.
Interested in doubling your annual fund donation? Check the Matching Gift Program page to see if your employer or your spouse's employer will match your gifts to Case Western Reserve.
Forward Thinking: The Campaign for CWRU
Case Western Reserve University has long stood as a national leader in education and research. But our nature is to always seek more, achieve more and to, as we like to say, think beyond the possible. Forward Thinking: The Campaign for Case Western Reserve University aims to bring these aspirations fully to life.
A leader in private dental education and a major contributor to new knowledge, the School of Dental Medicine is one of the elite dental research schools in the country. Campaign support for the school will advance dental education, research and patient care, and fund a new capital construction project that will create a state-of-the-art physical space that reflects the quality of the program.
Part of the campaign is creating dental education, service and facilities for 2020 and beyond. As an Alumnus, you know that we have long been a leader in private dental education and a major contributor to new knowledge. Your campaign support for the school will help us to continue to advance dental education, research and patient care.
Contact the Office of Development & Alumni Relations at 216.368.3923.