Quick Directions for XMedius Fax Services via Web Interface: School of Dental Medicine
The following XMedius direct faxing services may be used by those with a primary classification of FACULTY, STAFF or STUDENT in the university directory, and are not available for temporary or affiliate employees.
More detailed instructions for the web interface can be found by logging into https://fax.case.edu and clicking on ‘Help’ in the upper right corner, or for a more complete version of these directions including screenshots, please click here to view the Google Doc.
To begin, log into https://fax.case.edu with your CWRU Network ID and password.
TO SEND A FAX
- Click the blue "Compose Fax" button, then fill out the fields. This info will appear on the default cover page.
- If you have a document on a network drive or on your computer that you want to send, click the "Browse" button at the bottom to find and attach the docs you want to fax.
- If you have paper, you will have to scan it in first and save to your department’s network drive folder.
- Click the blue "Submit" button to begin sending the fax. The system may pop up asking you if you want to add the recipient to your address book as well.
- The system will send out a confirmation email to you with status "Success" or "Failed" with a time stamp of the event.
TO RECEIVE A FAX
- Check your inbox for an email with subject line beginning "Fax Received from CSID...."
- Login to https://fax.case.edu with your CWRU Network ID and password.
- On the left side, click "Inbound History."
- Click on the fax you want to view.
- Once it's open, click the "Download" button at the top and save it to your network drive folder.
- It is recommended that users create a filter/rule in Webmail or Gmail that will move these messages to a separate folder, to avoid clogging of the main inbox for users who share a fax number with others.
TO USE THE PHONE BOOK
- To save your most frequently used fax numbers, click on the "Contacts" link at the top.
- Click New > Contact and fill out the fields.
- Click the "Apply" button when done.