The BRITTON FUND was incorporated in 1952 in Cleveland by Gertrude Hanna Britton, Brigham Britton, and M. J. Mitchell. The fund donates about 20% of its monies annually to UNITED WAY SERVICES and makes approx. 50 other grants in the range of $1,000-$20,000. The fund supports primarily Ohio organizations (not individuals) which address community concerns, higher and secondary education, health care, and social services, especially for youth and the handicapped. In 1993 the Britton Fund, with assets of $16.8 million, spent over $709,000 for 41 grants. As of Dec. 1993, Lynda R. Britton was president of the Britton Fund, and Charles D. Javorsky was treasurer. Other family members served as officers.