The GEORGE M. AND PAMELA S. HUMPHREY FUND was established in Cleveland in 1951 by Pamela Stark Humphrey and her husband GEO. M. HUMPHREY. The fund supports hospitals, secondary and HIGHER EDUCATION, and community funds, as well as cultural programs and health agencies. Giving is primarily local; the fund does not grant to individuals. Organizations receiving major grants from the Humphrey Fund have included UNIV. HOSPITALS and the Phillips Osborne School ($50,000 each in 1991). The fund's assets were over $8.7 million in 1993, with expenditures of over $415,750 for 63 grants between $500 and $31,000. In 1994 Carol H. Butler was the fund's president.