GIDDINGS, MARY (d. 9 Oct. 1940) was an osteopathic physician, a charter member of the WOMEN'S CITY CLUB, and the sister of osteopath HELEN MARSHALL GIDDINGS.
Born in Green Springs, Ohio to Frederick S. and Mary Elizabeth (Marshall) Giddings, Mary attended Green Springs Academy and studied piano and voice. She worked as a secretary and public stenographer. Mary received her D.O. in osteopathic medicine in 1905 from the American School of Osteopathy. She established a private general practice in osteopathy.
Mary was a member of the Osteopathic Women's National Association, and was national program chairman in 1936; the Cleveland Osteopathic Society; the Ohio Society of Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons; and the American Osteopahic Association.
Mary belonged to the Unitarian church. She died in Hamilton, Ohio, and her remains placed in Cincinnati.