CWRU Links
Encyclopedia of Cleveland History

HOLY GHOST BYZANTINE CATHOLIC CHURCH

HOLY GHOST BYZANTINE CATHOLIC CHURCH

HOLY GHOST BYZANTINE CATHOLIC CHURCH (ded. 1910) blends features of both Byzantine and Romanesque style architecture reflecting its dual religious heritage. Designed by architects M. E. Wells and Joseph Duvalosky, the church, located at 2408 W. 14th St., has a yellow brick facade with entry to the church through recessed tripartite doors representing the trinity. A large rose window above them dominates the facade, which is flanked by 3-stage towers topped with the "Onion" domes and crosses characteristic of Byzantine architecture.