CWRU Links
Encyclopedia of Cleveland History

LADIES HOSPITAL AID SOCIETY OF EAST CLEVELAND

LADIES HOSPITAL AID SOCIETY OF EAST CLEVELAND

The LADIES HOSPITAL AID SOCIETY OF EAST CLEVELAND (1868-78) was established on 27 May 1868 as an auxiliary to aid the Cleveland City Hospital (also known as Willson St. Hospital), forerunner of Lakeside, later a part of UNIV. HOSPITALS. The society purchased or made items such as pillows, linens, and slippers for use in City Hospital, subject to supervision by the hospital Board of Managers. Eveline (Mrs. H. B.) Tuttle, Jr., served as president until she was forced to resign because of her husband's association with the Homeopathic Hospital.


Record Book, Ladies Hospital Aid Society of East Cleveland, WRHS.