MAISON FRANCAISE DE CLEVELAND was organized to promote Franco-American cultural activities. The group was founded by EMILE B. DE SAUZE in 1918. It was registered as a nonprofit organization by its first president, Paul D. Wurtzburger, and in 1923 it became affiliated with the French Alliances of the U.S. In 1995 the organization's membership stood at 207. Its main activities centered around the encouragement of the study of the French language; a goal fostered by the organization's gifts of monetary prizes to students in Cleveland secondary schools. The group also publishes a newsletter, Le Tambour, and hosts monthly lectures, musical programs, and films, all in French.
Maison Francaise de Cleveland Records, WRHS.