The SPIETH, BELL, MCCURDY & NEWELL CO., LPA, is a law partnership located in the Huntington Bldg. at
Lawrence Caleb Spieth (1883-1963) joined the firm as a corporate attorney and was made a partner in 1919. In 1929 the firm changed its name to Cannon, Spieth, Taggart, Spring & Annat. In 1939 it became Spieth, Taggart, Spring & Annat. In 1947 Harold K. Bell became a partner in the firm of Spieth, Spring, Annat & Bell. By 1948 the firm was known as Spieth, Spring & Bell. Everett D. McCurdy (1905-1986) joined the firm as an associate in 1952, and was made a partner in the firm of Spieth, Bell & McCurdy in 1958. In 1964 the firm became Spieth, Bell, McCurdy & Newell, reflecting Sterling Newell, Jr.'s, elevation to partnership. He was the only remaining active partner in 1986.
Spieth Bell's principal areas of practice are commercial, corporate and securities, estate planning, domestic relations, mergers and acquisitions, probate, trusts, real estate, labor, tax, litigation, and entertainment and sports. Clients have included the