The STILLMAN THEATER was among the most elaborate motion-picture houses in the U.S. It opened in 1916 on the former estate of STILLMAN WITT, a railroad builder, at 1115 Euclid Ave., and had a seating capacity of 1,800. As one of the 3 downtown outlets of the Loew's movie chain, it shared first-run MGM feature films with the STATE and the OHIO. The Stillman closed on 28 July 1963. While the auditorium was demolished in favor of a parking garage, remnants of the lobby could still be viewed in the garage entrance in 1993.