NEW LABORATORY ENTRANCE SIGNS!!!!!
EHS is rolling out new laboratory caution signs to further help first responders and other non-laboratory personnel understand potential hazards in laboratory areas.
PLEASE, Read this instruction page before clicking the link to the interactive form page. Attached you will find the link to the interactive order form for the new entrance caution signs. Please fill it out and hit the “Submit to EHS” button to have a custom made sign printed and sent to your office/laboratory.
- Fill out the NFPA Health, Flammability and Reactivity based on the most hazardous chemical(s) in your laboratory. The NFPA diamond can be found on the manufacturer’s label on all chemicals, or the SDS sheets.
- In the next box, mark all hazards that apply to your laboratory. If you mark a pictogram that has multiple options underneath, you MUST chose all that apply. Chose NO MORE Than 6 hazard pictograms, as this is the maximum that will fit on one sign.
- In the third box, mark the MINIMUM personal protective equipment (PPE) required to enter the laboratory (not the PPE required for a given experiment).
- Fill out the emergency contact information and include after-hours or cell phone numbers. The exchanges 368 and 844 will not be accepted as an entry. The PI and one alternate is mandatory. The PI and 2 alternates is preferred.
- The form cannot be submitted until all pink highlighted cells no longer appear.
- Once you’ve received the new caution sign(s), Please remove the old formatted signs and replace them with these.
Additional information to be included on the order form:
- Where and to whom do you want these sent (what lab or office number)? Location code? Person receiving?
- How many copies do you need? Multiple lab spaces will require multiple signs. If your lab spaces have different hazards, please be sure order signs specific to each area.
Questions? Call 216-368-2907