You'll know you've got a great idea when someone else wants to put money behind it. We can help you find funding.
The story is the same for nearly every startup—even those launched with ample support: At some point in the process, founders require additional resources to maintain momentum. We can point you to opportunities for funding, and help prepare you to make the most of them.
LaunchNET is the in-house, free and confidential resource for Case Western Reserve student entrepreneurs. LaunchNET also helps students earn thousands of dollars every year through dozens of pitch competitions and contests.
At the annual Consumer Technology Associations’ Consumer Electronics Show, Case Western Reserve has a large and established presence.
With support from The Reinberger Foundation, Sears think[box] helps undergraduates and graduate students pay for materials and equipment or travel to national competitions and events. Students can spend their fund dollars and use the resources at Sears think[box], although using the facility is not a requirement of the grant.
- Teams in the Saint-Gobain Student Design Challenge solve (for prize money!) a problem in society by finding a new and innovative use for an existing material.
- Students are involved as competitors and as part of the judging process in the Morgenthaler-Pavey Startup Competition, which has a top prize of $25,000 for the best pitch from a startup that has at least one CWRU student or graduate on board.
- hackCWRU is open to high school, undergraduate and graduate students and pushes competitors to create and innovate in four areas: finance, civic, health and maker.
Here's a little bit about them:
- BioEnterprise: Growing Northeast Ohio's bioscience industry.
- Jumpstart, Inc.: Started in 2003 by Case Western Reserve and NorTech to support entrepreneurs and build the ecosystem for innovation.
- flashstarts: Accelerator and micro-VC firm.
- LaunchHouse: Coworking community for entrepreneurs.
- Plug-n-Play Tech Center: Accelerator, business consulting and link to VC firms.
- MAGNET Incubator: Coaching and planning help for entrepreneurs.